Simple biscuit recipe taught through generations – you know, that old notebook full of goodies and yellow pages mum got from granny, who also got it from her mother and so on!
Initially, my grandma baked them as simple cookies but then she thought it might be better to add a little jam between them – like sandwiches – in this case, we, the kids, who would have rather eaten chocolate than jam – especially me, I was addicted to chocolate cream, serious issue! So as sneaky as she was, she tried all the possible things to trick me into healthier goodies. So here you are, biscuit sandwiches with jam – in this case, apricot jam.
They are simple but I must warn you: they are dangerously delicious. They’re perfect for holidays and get-togethers. Take a cup of coffee, eat 2-3 biscuits and you’re all set for breakfast. We usually make them round, but you can always use some shapes – especially when it’s Christmas, use your classic tree/star/bell shape, add some nuts in the recipe, add some chocolate chips and you’ll have the perfect Holiday cookies!
- 300g of butter
- 450g flour
- 180g powder sugar
- 4 yolks
- *vanilla essence or which one you prefer – I always use vanilla, I am a vanilla person.
- 1. Mix the butter with the sugar
- 2. Add the yolks
- 3. Add the flour
- 4. Place some of the dough on a wooden board (or just a table) and stretch it with a rolling pin – I 5. said some of it because it will take some turns to bake all the biscuits.
- 6. Grab a cup or which form would you like and cut the dough
- 7. Place the forms on a baking tin – I suggest you turn the tin upside down and place them on the bottom – it will bake faster and better
- 8. Until the first turn is ready, grab another baking tin and place the rest of the dough, and do it until you finish it all – with this recipe it took me 4 turns (it depends now on the tin)
- 9. After the first round is finished, grab your jam, jelly, chocolate, anything you want, spread on a biscuit, and place the other one on top – et voila, sandwich!
- 10. Serve them with a cup of coffee,tea, and MILK!🙂 Yum!