Still craving for some ginger? Yes? Good, so here’s our basic Butter Gingerbread Cookies recipe!
When you’re searching for any gingerbread cookies recipe, you will always find similarities between all of them, plus or minus one or two ingredients – and what we’re trying to say is this: I’ve seen a lot of recipes lacking butter. Which is insane! Butter must be there! Butter saves…lives! Without butter, everything will be tasteless and even too hard to bite. Or are we just to butter-addicts?
Anyway, those gingerbread cookies will be simple (didn’t have to chance to decorate them!). But they’re great for milk-dipping, serving with a bit of jam, or even adding some mascarpone cream on top! (Yes, do the latter, it’s amazing!).
So this is the basic gingerbread cookies recipe that you need to save for later – it’s also easy and fast to make, so also keep it for emergencies!
Butter Gingerbread Cookies
- 70g butter
- 75g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 160g flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ginger
- ½ tsp allspice
- Mix the butter with the sugar, and afterwards add the egg, until everything gets very creamy.
- Blend all the dry ingredients together in another bowl.
- Start combining the dry ingredients to the cream mixture, by adding them step by step.
- Place the mixture into the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at medium.
- Start placing little ball forms of mixture on the tray.
- Leave them for 10-15 minute in the oven.
- And that’s it! Start munching around!
And you’re done! It tooks us for about 40 minutes to bake those lovely, chewy, and delicious cookies. And as we said before, unfortunately we didn’t have the chance to decorate them, so excuse our simplicity! 😀 But that doesn’t matter! Honestly, we’re still thinking of doing the gingerbread house, but on the other hand, we’re surrounded by mixed feeling. But actually…you know what? We are totally going to do it! …at some point!….until Christmas…we hope. Oh well! Here are other Holiday Recipes that you might enjoy: Cinnamon Apple Pie, Spicy Ginger Cookies or Chocolate Ginger Loaf!
^ Yea, we kinda messed up here, made them bigger than we had to!