What can be better than a hot cream soup during cold fall days? Nothing!
We think it’s one of our favorites, and it’s easy peasy to cook it. All you need is your favorite veggie ingredients, some seasoning, a blender and croutons.
Now, I realised that croutons will be much more tastier when you bake them in the oven, rather than cooking on the pan, especially when they’re combined with this specific taste of veggie cream, for which I am going to tell you all the featured ingredients.
Cream soups tend to be focused more on a single vegetable, so the taste would be stronger – but personally, I prefer the mixed veggies. Actually, I prefer the idea of “adding whatever you want” !
What you need for the soup:
- 1/2 of celery
- 1 potato
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 4-5 spoons of sour cream
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of pepper
- 2 tbsp of parsley
What you need for the croutons
- 3 slices of bread (we used whole-wheat, way yummier!)
- 1 tsp of sweet paprika
- 1 tsp of basel
- Small amount of olive oil
- Chop all the veggies and set them to boil, while adding the salt and pepper
- Cut the bread into little cubes
- Add a bit of olive oil over the croutons, then season with the parpika and basel. Then mix.
- Spread the croutons over a tray, and put them into the oven at a medium heat
- After the veggies are boiled enough, move them into a blender
- Add the remaining liquid from the boiled water into the blender (it will always depend on how thick or thin you want the cream to be)
- Add the sour cream – not all of it, a spoon at a time, until you get the desired taste
- Check the croutons, if they’re already golden-brown take them out and let them cool a bit.
- And you’re done! Serve while it’s hot!
If you try this recipe, don’t forget to send us the results!