Enough with the sweets, it’s time for some real food! Today we’re going to show you how to cook sausage stew with potatoes. Great dish for the spicy-food lovers, the sausage stew is made to last for some days, no need to spend a lot to make it, so basically, it’s a great meal for the upcoming winter!
All you need is 2 big sausages (preferably smoked) some potatoes, some parsley or dill, depends on you taste, and lots and lots of paprika! We love paprika, I think it’s our number one spice – even though we added the sweet kind of paprika in this meal…well, it’s less painful for the stomach! *laughs*. We also added some carrots, for a fine sweet combination.
- 2 sausages ( the big kind, and preferably smoked )
- 7-8 medium potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 3-4 tsp paprika (or more, how many you desire)
- as for herbs: parsley or dill, it works even with both of them, but you could add the one you love most
- pinch of basil
Cooking the stew:
- Chop the sausages in thin, round slices.
- Peal the potatoes, and chop them in quarters.
- Chop the carrots.
- Chop the onion.
- Add the potatoes and carrots into a pot and let them boil.
- First, add the sausages into a pan and let them fry for some minutes.
- Add the onion in the pan, let it fry until it smells a bit sweet.
- Leave the fried sausages to cool a bit until the potatoes and carrots are boiled enough (careful here so the potatoes won’t turn into mashed potatoes).
- When they’re ready, pour everything you have in the frying pan into the pot, and start mixing with wooden spoon.
- Add a bit of water, half a cup in the pot.
- Now let them all cook together.
- After a while, add the spices and mix them together.